The City will offer the Senior Volunteer Tax Relief Program once again this year. A resolution was passed at the January 8th City Council meeting making it official. The purpose of the program is to provide a tax credit of $300 to a person or household that meets the following criteria:
- Bristol Resident 65 years of age or older
- Own real property as a principle residence
- Have an annual income not to exceed $45,000/single, or $50,000/couple
- Must volunteer a minimum of 50 hours at
- a Bristol non-profit agency between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
An information packet can be obtained at the Bristol Senior Center weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., or by going to the City’s website at www.bristolct.gov and clicking on the Senior Center.
For more information please call the Bristol Senior Center at (860)584-7895.