FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Did you know...
• Bristol provides 1 FREE Bulk pickup per year for homeowners that receive curbside collection from the city. Simply call 860-584-6125 to schedule your appointment, or request an appointment online. Additional bulk pickups are $25 for a 3ft x 3ft x 15ft area.
• It’s easy to purchase a pass to the transfer station to dispose of your items
• Violations can be fined up to $90 a day for illegal bulk on your property.
• Gently used furniture can be donated to:
Help Keep Bristol Clean & Green...
Most illegal dumping is done to avoid paying disposal fees at the transfer station or failure to take the time and effort to schedule bulk pickup appointments. Common areas for dumping may include vacant properties, curbside dumping, commercial dumpsters, and along the roadside. Dumping causes devaluation of property, health hazards and storm water pollution. Items dumped can wash debris and pollutants into the storm drain system, causing flooding, clogged drains and damage to wildlife and plants.
You can help clean up our city by reporting illegal bulk & illegal dumping to Public Works online or by phone 860-584-6125. Please provide as much information as possible, date/time/location/items and if a license plate on a vehicle was spotted.
The City of Bristol needs your help to eliminate illegal bulk and unsightly littering in our streets, forests, and other public right of ways, as well as on private and commercial properties.Illegal bulk/Illegal dumping is disposing of waste or unwanted materials in unauthorized areas. Illegally dumped items may include:
- Household debris
- Construction and landscaping debris
-Tires & Automotive parts
-Furniture, mattresses, and appliances
-Used oil, fuel and other chemicals