Opioid COMMUNITY Crisis INFO
This page is dedicated to providing vital information about opioids, overdose emergencies and resources to help those in need as our City and the nation struggle with the opioid epidemic. We will continue to add important links and information. At the bottom of this page and on the Opioid Task Force section of the Bristol CT website are news, resources and other presentations relating to the epidemic.
In November 2019, the Opioid Task Force premiered the recently produced Public Service Announcements to be used as an educational tools regarding the opioid and addiction crisis facing our community and those across the country. These PSA's will be used in social media and are shareable in order to help those in need find recovery options. Bristol's Video PSA's on Opioids and Addiction
The brochure below was produced for two different audiences. The first cover page is aimed at what we as a community can do. The other is distributed by Emergency Medical Responders and Bristol Hospital for those who survived an overdose.
- Addiction Center-Resource Options
- DMHAS Treatment Access Line (Wheeler Clinic): 1-800-563-4086
- Drug Rehab Facilities in CT
- LiveLOUD-helping families find treatment and support for youth and young adult substance abuse.
- MAT Locator Map-Behavioral Health Providers
- Medication Assisted Treatment Resources
- Prescription/Opioid Drug Disposal-Lobby Bristol Police Department (anonymity guaranteed)
- The Recovery Village
- Toolkit in Spanish @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Governor Lamont Announces New Statewide Efforts to Confront Opioid Addition and Save Lives
- The Surprising Links Among Opioid Use, Suicide and Unintentional Overdose March 12, 2019
- Drug Deaths Expected to Remain Level-CT Mirror Sept.13, 2018
- Catching the 'crucial window of opportunity' to escape opioid disorders CT Viewpoints 9 13 18 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>