In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19, please email the Town Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 860-584-6200 ext. 0. Most services in the Town Clerk’s Office can be done by mail, email or telephone.
The Presidential Preference Primary has been postponed from April 28, 2020 to June 2, 2020. If you already submitted an absentee ballot application, it will remain valid for the June 2, 2020 Presidential Preference Primary.
An elector may vote by absentee ballot for one of the following reasons:
- Absence from the town during all hours of voting
- Active service in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Physical disability
- Religious tenets which forbid secular activity on election, primary, or referendum day
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than the official’s place of voting
Absentee ballot applications can be obtained simply by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at (860) 584-6200 ext. 0 or by completing an application in our office during business hours. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The original completed application must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office by mail or in person in order to receive an absentee ballot and for your ballot to be counted.
- Military personnel and persons temporarily living overseas may submit a Federal Post Card Application to register and apply for an absentee ballot.
- An application for an absentee ballot may be downloaded from the Secretary of State website.
Permanent Absentee Ballots
Voters with permanent disabilities may be eligible for permanent absentee ballot status. The voter must file an application and a doctor’s certificate stating they have a permanent disability and are unable to appear at the polls. Contact the Town Clerk’s office for further details.