Registrars of Voters / Elections Administration
PLEASE NOTE - WE HAVE MOVED
Bristol City Hall will be undergoing renovations in an effort to create a modernized and accessible facility for residents. Completion is expected by October 2024.
Our office will be temporarily located at the old Webster Bank building on the corner of Main Street and Riverside Avenue. Access to the building is from the rear parking lot off of Riverside Avenue.
As always, our online registration is available 24 hours a day.
IMPORTANT REDISTRICT INFORMATION:
The Registrars of Voters will begin to notify residents of a possible change in their polling location in accordance with CT General Statute §9-169 via USPS.
Beginning Friday, July 1, 2022 residents will be receiving an informational letter and magnet regarding their current polling location and precinct. The mailing should be completed by July 18, 2022.
Contact the Registrars of Voters Office with any questions, 860-584-6165.
The functions of Registrars of Voters Office are governed by the General Statutes of the State of Connecticut. Responsibilities and duties are administered jointly by a Republican and Democratic Registrar. The Registrars of Voters are responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating voter registration information including changes of address, name or party affiliation, adding new voters and removing voters who are deceased or who no longer reside in town.
- Training election workers according to state statute. Each poll worker must be trained before every election or primary. Preparing worker informational notebooks and mandated returns and forms.
- Preparing election equipment and tabulators and order ballots for each election or primary.
- Conducting an annual canvass, January through May of voters who may have moved within town, out of town or out of state.
- Implementing new election laws as adopted by Connecticut State Legislature.
- Conducting High School voter registration sessions.
- Attending Registrars of Voters Association conferences and county meetings. Training is held by staff of the Secretary of the State, State Elections Enforcement as well as other state agencies and ROVAC committee members.
The mission of the Registrars of Voters Office is to ensure federal, state and local elections are conducted timely, responsibly, and with the highest level of professional Election standards. Intended to earn and maintain public confidence in the electoral process.