Historic District Commission
- 2019 Schedule of Regular Meetings and Application Filing Deadlines
- Notice of Hearings
- Notice of Decision (for the 11/7/18 meeting)
Published Legal Notices for the past 30 days (Bristol Press)
Please note that if no applications are submitted prior to the associated deadline for a meeting and no pending business is in front of the Bristol Historic District Commission, a meeting may be cancelled. When a meeting is cancelled, a cancellation notice will be posted on the City's website and with the Town and City Clerk's office. If you have items that you would like to discuss with the Commission, please contact the Land Use Office at 860-584-6225 to ensure an upcoming meeting will go on as scheduled.
|Robert Boudreau, Chairman||41 Broadview St.||1/20|
|Karen Stevens, Vice-Chairman||146 Goodwin St.||1/22|
|Lynda Russell||148 Peacedale St.||1/23|
|Miles Jennings||4 Oakland St.||1/19|
|Patti Philippon, Secretary||195 Washington St.||1/21|
|Brittany Barney||128 Queen St.||1/20|
|Mary Greger||61 Walnut St.||1/22|
|Jason Wright||140 Woodland St.||1/21|
The Bristol Historic District Commission has been established to preserve and protect the unique architectural heritage of a portion of the Federal Hill neighborhood in the City of Bristol. Established in 2007, the Commission is composed of five regular members and three alternates, all of whom are citizen volunteers nominated by the mayor and appointed by the City Council.
The Commission has the responsibility to preserve and protect the various architectural phases reflective of the area, it has the authority to rule on the appropriateness of all modifications that would change the appearance of any district property when viewed from a public street or sidewalk.
Historic district commissions are authorized and regulated by Section 7-147a through Section 7-147o of the Connecticut General Statutes.
- A Property Owner's Guide to the Overlook Historic District
- Historic District Application Submission Guidelines
- Overlook Local Historic District Guidelines (updated to 6/05/08)
- Map of Overlook Local Historic District
- Annotated List of Properties in Overlook Local Historic District
- 2015 Adopted Plan of Conservation and Development Homepage
- Centre Square Master Plan (March 2017)
- Bristol awarded Bronze Certification from Sustainable CT
- Land Use Division Application Forms (including Historic District Application Forms)
- Land Use Division Homepage